per 1 serving size (Recipe makes 8 servings)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 53
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 5.84
Saturated Fat 1.85
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.81
Monounsaturated Fat 0.96
Total Carbohydrate 26.16
Dietary Fiber 8.05
Vitamin A 1.50%
Vitamin C 21.50%
* Nutritional Values are estimated and may vary
A deliciously, moist 2 layer chocolate cake made with oats and my all-time favorite secret ingredient (sweet potato). Sandwiched in-between the layers is a raspberry vanilla (protein) filling and to top it off is an almond vanilla (protein) "frosting". Note: This cake can be made gluten free with GF oats and also dairy free and vegan with plantbased protein powders.
Black forest cake â€“ dairy free, vegan, can be made gluten free with GF oats and protein powder.
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup baked sweet potato
- 9 drops dark chocolate liquid stevia (or another sweetener of choice)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
raspberry vanilla Filling
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups raspberries
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder of choice
- splash almond milk
almond vanilla topping
- splash almond extract
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder of choice
- splash almond milk
extra toppings (optional)
- cacao nibs or chocolate chips
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees and oil 2 cake pans. set aside.
2. to make your cake, combine ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Pour batter evenly into the cake pans and bake for ~30 minutes or until cooked all of the way through. Once cooked, set aside and let cool while you prepare your fillings.
3. Get out two bowls and prepare your raspberry vanilla filling in one and the almond vanilla filling in the other. Add enough milk to each until you get a thick, frosting consistency.
4. Spread the raspberry vanilla filling onto the bottom layer of your cake. Carefully place the top layer of the cake on top. Spread the almond vanilla frosting on top of your top layer. Decorate with raspberries and cacao nibs/chocolate chips and any leftover raspberry vanilla filling.
To comment please sign in or register for a free account