per 1 serving size (Recipe makes 7 servings)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 53
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 5.89
Saturated Fat 0.53
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.16
Monounsaturated Fat 0.29
Total Carbohydrate 14.51
Dietary Fiber 4.38
Vitamin A 4.29%
Vitamin C 0.64%
* Nutritional Values are estimated and may vary
The foods you eat should never make you feel guilty, they should be nourishing to your bodyâ€¦YES, even your desserts! Next time you are in the baking mood, give these delicious Dark Chocolate Protein Cupcakes a try. They are super easy to make and theyâ€™re great for the entire family. Who said you couldnâ€™t enjoy your desserts?
28g, 1/4 cup Barley Flour (I use Bob Red Mill)
28g, 1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder (I use Dymatize Elite XT) **Use a Protein w/ a blend of Casein & Whey**
56g, Â½ cup Almond Meal (I use Bod Red Mill)
40g, 1/2 cup Hersheyâ€™s 100% Cacao Special Dark Chocolate
6tbs Stevia (or Sweetener of choice) *Youcan decide if you need less or more** (Remember Dark Chocolate is not sweet, it can be quite bitter)
Â¾ tsp Baking Powder
Â¼ tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 Whole Egg
50g Egg White (Equivalent to 1 whole egg)
63g, 1/4 cup Natural Unsweetened AppleSauce (No sugar add)
Â½ cup Unsweetened Coconut Almond Milk (Blue Diamond Brand-Preference) or Silk AlmondMilk ----For slightly sweeter option without adding more sweetener, use: Â¼ cup Unsweetened Coconut Almond Milk +Â¼ cup, 56g Puree Bananas
(Cream Cheese Protein Frosting)
56g, Â¼ cup Greek Yogurt (Chobani is my favorite)
56g, Â¼ cup Fat Free Cream Cheese
14g, 2tbs Vanilla Protein Powder (I use Dymatize Elite XT)
Refrigerate until ready to use.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray Muffin Pan/Cups and set aside.
2. Combine all Dry Ingredients in large bowl (or mixer bowl), set aside.
3. Combine all Wet Ingredient in bowl, set aside.
4. Make tunnel in center of Dry Ingredient. Slowly pour Wet Ingredients and combine gently or slowly add WetIngredients to mixer with Dry Ingredients. Do not over stir or beat.
5. Divide batter into amount of cupcakes you desire (6-8 works best).
6. Place in oven and bake for 19-21 mins (All ovens are not created equal).
7. Remove from the oven; allow to cool in Muffin Pan for 5 mins. Remove from Muffin Pan and place on Wire Rack(or plate) to cool.
8. Frost cupcakes as you desire.
What you need:
Two Large Bowls or Mixer and Large Bowl
Whisk or Large Fork (Mixer)
Taste your batter before baking to determine if you need more sweetener.
To comment please sign in or register for a free account