per 1 serving size (Recipe makes 1 servings)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 185
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 20.50
Saturated Fat 2.83
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.13
Monounsaturated Fat 0.04
Total Carbohydrate 83.46
Dietary Fiber 11.70
Vitamin A 10.63%
Vitamin C 95.50%
* Nutritional Values are estimated and may vary
Quick and easy gluten free pancakes!
1/3 cup oat flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1 large or extra large egg
1 scoop vanilla whey protein
1/4 cup vanilla almond milk
1/2 medium banana
2 tbsp nonfat Greek yogurt
1 tbsp natural peanut butter
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1/2 tbsp chia seeds
1. Defrost frozen strawberries and then mash them with the chia seeds. Let sit until the pancakes are finished.
2. Pre-heat a frying pan or a griddle to medium heat.
3. Place all ingredients except the peanut butter, strawberries, and chia seeds in a blender or a magic bullet. Blend until a uniform consistency is reached (usually takes 15-20 seconds).
4. Spray the pan with olive oil spray (can also use coconut oil).
5. Cook the pancakes for approximately 1.5 minutes per side (flip when the edges appear to be hardening and the bubbles on top have burst).
6. Layer pancakes with natural peanut butter and the strawberry-chia 'jelly'.
Makes approximately 6-8 small pancakes.
*I use vanilla whey powder but you could use any flavor you like.
To comment please sign in or register for a free account