per 1 serving size (Recipe makes 27 servings)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 46
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 5.11
Saturated Fat 2.48
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.34
Monounsaturated Fat 0.57
Total Carbohydrate 8.33
Dietary Fiber 1.39
Vitamin A 0.05%
Vitamin C 0.00%
* Nutritional Values are estimated and may vary
The secret ingredient in these healthier truffles is chickpeas! They make for a smooth and creamy truffle filling when combined with peanut butter, PB2, almond milk and protein powder.
-18 squares Ghirardelli 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate (2 1/4 bars)
-1 1/2 scoops Cellucor Peanut Butter Marshmallow whey protein
-15 oz can low sodium garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
-1/4 cup Simply Jif peanut butter
-3 tbsp PB2 powdered peanut butter
-4 packets Truvia
-2-3 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1. Add garbanzo beans, peanut butter, Truvia and almond milk to a food process and process until smooth.
2. Combine garbanzo bean mixture, PB2 and protein powder in a large bowl. Set aside in freezer for at least 30 minutes.
3. Line a small baking pan with foil and roll mixture into small balls, less than 1" diameter. Place balls on pan and insert toothpick less than 1/4" into each ball. Place tray in freezer for at least 30 minutes.
4. Melt chocolate in a small pot over medium-low heat. Pour into a narrow glass cup suitable for dipping.
5. Remove truffle balls from the freezer one at a time and dip into the chocolate, removing excess chocolate with a spoon. Place onto a lined baking tray, twisting toothpick to remove and add sprinkles immediately. Repeat process with all truffle balls.
6. Store truffles in refrigerator until serving.
To comment please sign in or register for a free account