per 1 serving size (Recipe makes 8 servings)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 77
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 8.56
Saturated Fat 1.30
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.66
Monounsaturated Fat 4.71
Total Carbohydrate 8.57
Dietary Fiber 2.30
Vitamin A 0.00%
Vitamin C 3.97%
* Nutritional Values are estimated and may vary
Creamy and delicious high-protein pumpkin pie! (Gluten-free crust!)
Makes one 9" pie.
Ingredients for crust:
â…“ cup almond butter (80g)
â…“ cup water (2.7oz)
Â½ cup natural vanilla rice protein powder (56g)
Â¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Ingredients for filling:
1 can pumpkin (15oz)
Â¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Â½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
Â¼ teaspoon ground ginger
Â¼ teaspoon ground cloves
Â½ teaspoon sea salt
Â½ cup natural vanilla whey protein powder (45g)
1 cup water (8oz)
2 large eggs (whole)
1. Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
2. In a medium bowl, mix almond butter with water until smooth.
3. Add in rice protein and cinnamon. Mix until combined. (If the batter is sticky, add a little more rice protein.)
4. Press into pie pan.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes, then remove from oven.
6. Meanwhile, combine pumpkin and spices, set aside.
7. Mix whey protein with water, then add to pumpkin and spices.
8. Add eggs. Mix slowly until combined.
9. Pour into pie crust.
10. Bake for 45-55 minutes, until the center of the pie is firm to the touch.
11. Let cool completely.
A note about substitutions: because each type of protein powder has a distinct flavor and texture when baked, I would not try substituting different types of protein powders in this recipe.
Almond butter can be made by processing almonds in a food processor.
Shown here decorated with romanesco horns, raw chocolate eyes and smile, mulberry teeth, and cashew whipped cream.
To comment please sign in or register for a free account