per 1 serving size (Recipe makes 5 servings)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 53
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 5.84
Saturated Fat 0.84
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.74
Monounsaturated Fat 3.99
Total Carbohydrate 17.02
Dietary Fiber 4.87
Vitamin A 329.25%
Vitamin C 16.90%
* Nutritional Values are estimated and may vary
Great side dish loaded with antioxidants and fiber. Roasting the beets and carrots gives them an almost caramelized texture - delicious!
***Note: The sherry cooking wine should be replaced by sherry wine vinegar, it wasn't an option in the ingredients list***
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Peel and cube beets into approx. 1" cubes. Slice carrots diagonally, ensuring no slices are too small (they will burn).
3. In a large bowl, toss beets and carrots with all other ingredients, coating evenly.
4. Spread beets and carrots in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
To comment please sign in or register for a free account