per 1 serving size (Recipe makes 6 servings)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 79
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 8.76
Saturated Fat 1.84
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.34
Monounsaturated Fat 4.67
Total Carbohydrate 14.08
Dietary Fiber 2.38
Vitamin A 62.83%
Vitamin C 0.88%
* Nutritional Values are estimated and may vary
Just blend and bake! Sweet potato whey cupcakes with cinnamon cashew cream frosting!
1 cup natural vanilla whey protein powder (90g)
2 tablespoons coconut flour (14g)
1 cup cooked sweet potato (150g)
2 tablespoons filtered water (30ml)
1 teaspoon baking powder (5ml)
â…› teaspoon sea salt (0.6ml)
â…› teaspoon ground cinnamon (0.6ml)
1 cup raw cashews (122g), soaked in filtered water for 4 hours or more
â…“ cup filtered water (80ml)
Â¼ teaspoon toffee stevia (1.2ml)
â…› teaspoon ground cinnamon (0.6ml), or to taste
1. Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
2. Blend all cake ingredients until smooth.
3. Pour into 6 small silicone muffin cups.
4. Bake for 8-10 minutes, just until firm and a toothpick comes out clean. Do not over-bake!
5. Meanwhile rinse and drain cashews.
6. Blend cashews with remaining frosting ingredients until smooth.
7. Place frosting in the freezer to cool a bit while your cupcakes finish baking.
8. Remove cupcakes from oven, and let cool.
9. Frost, and enjoy!
10. Store in the refrigerator.
A note about substitutions: because each type of protein powder has a distinct flavor and texture when baked, I would not try substituting different types of protein powders in this recipe.
To comment please sign in or register for a free account