per 1 serving size (Recipe makes 12 servings)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 26
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 2.93
Saturated Fat 1.82
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.04
Monounsaturated Fat 0.00
Total Carbohydrate 10.76
Dietary Fiber 1.80
Vitamin A 0.00%
Vitamin C 0.54%
* Nutritional Values are estimated and may vary
Healthy Food For Thought: Great Northern Beans (or Cannellini Bean) Chocolate Chip Cookies. Would you believe me if I said this cookie does not have one touch of flour in it?. Well, that's exactly what I am saying. No flour (not even my favourite oat flour), but they are filled with FIBRE! This will be sure to make my kiddoes smile (Nice treat for me too).
Great Northern (or Cannellini) Beans (Canned)
Extra Dark Chocolate
100% Pure Maple Syrup
No Sugar Added Natural Applesauce
Truvia (Natural Sweetener of Choice)
Vanilla (I prefer Simply Organic Vanilla)
(Hand Mixer Ingredient)
Chocolate Chips (Carob Chips, Dark Chocolate Chips or chips of choice)
Lindt Dark Chocolate Cocoa
**Don't be afraid of using the dark chocolate in this recipe. Remember the darker the chocolate (higher percentage of cocoa), the lesser amount of sugar will be added to your recipe.**
Chopped Nuts of Choice
What you need:
Parchment Paper (Use for easy removal)
Sandwich Bag or Saran Wrap (To Chop Dark Chocolate)
Meat Hammer/Knife/or Large Spoon (To Chop Dark Chocolate)
--(Regarding Sweeteners) Â¼ cup of Truvia is listed as the sweetener, but feel free to combine your favorite natural (powdered) sweeteners. I often use 2tbs Stevia and 2tbs Truvia.
--When adding the dark chocolate to your batter, select 60% cocoa or higher for the most anti-oxidants and health benefits. I recommend 75-85% Lindt Dark Chocolate or a similar chocolate.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients under (Processor Ingredients) and combine until smooth.
3. Coarsely chop dark chocolate in sandwich bag/saran wrap with a Meat Hammer/Knife/or Large Spoon. Set aside.
4. Place egg whites in bowl and beat with hand mixer, until soft peaks are formed.
5. Pour bean batter in bowl with egg whites (scrape sides). Combine gently and fold eggs whites into batter.
6. Add chopped dark chocolate pieces and combine gently.
7. Place parchment paper on cookie sheet, spray with cooking spray/oil.
8. Drop (12) even spoonfuls of batter on cookie sheet. Evenly place chocolate chips on top of cookie drops and gently press down. (This creates a uniform look).
9. Place cookies in oven. Bake for 20 minutes.
10. Remove from oven, place cookies on cooling rack and allow to cool (If you can :-).