per 1 serving size (Recipe makes 4 servings)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 67
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 7.48
Saturated Fat 3.45
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.14
Monounsaturated Fat 0.27
Total Carbohydrate 8.17
Dietary Fiber 1.49
Vitamin A 7.30%
Vitamin C 0.20%
* Nutritional Values are estimated and may vary
A deliciously moist yet not overly sweet cookie - perfect to meal prep as a snack or have as dessert!
40g dried apricots
30g ground almonds
20g almond/unflavoured whey
15ml (1tbsp) Coconut Oil
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1tsp vanilla extract
1/4tsp almond extract (opt)
2tsp almond milk
1) Put your apricots in a small food processor. Blitz until finely chopped. If they stick together too much, add a tbsp of the ground almonds.
2) In a small bowl, combine the ground almonds and whey. Add to the food processor and blitz until mixed.
3) Stir in the bicarb, vanilla and almond extracts to the melted coconut oil.
4) Add the coconut oil mix and almond milk to the food processor. Blitz.
5) Divide the mix into 4 balls by squidging it together with your hand. Flatten between your two hands.
6) Preheat your oven to 160C. Place the cookie rounds onto a lined baking tray and leave in the fridge for 15 minutes.
7) Remove from the fridge and bake. Optional but a nice contrast of flavour â€“ add a drizzle of melted dark chocolate, or Choc Shot.