per 1 serving size (Recipe makes 24 servings)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 0.33
Saturated Fat 0.05
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.03
Monounsaturated Fat 0.01
Total Carbohydrate 9.30
Dietary Fiber 0.68
Vitamin A 10.18%
Vitamin C 2.00%
* Nutritional Values are estimated and may vary
Growing up my grandma used to always make samosas for my family in the afternoon when we'd sit down for chai. If you've never had one, it's generally a fried pastry filled with vegetables, potatoes and some sort of meat (like beef, lamb, or chicken). I decided to make my own healthy variation using my newfound fav WONTONS! These babes are packed with LEAN protein because I used ground turkey breast, and you get your veggies in. Guilt-free, of course. Make 'em as an appetizer, or an afternoon snack!
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Cook onion/garlic in either oil or a little spray for 1-2 minutes. Add ground turkey breast and all seasonings.
3. Cook, stirring frequently until turkey is browned and cooked thoroughly.
4. Add cooked veggies to mixture and combine well.
5. Place about 1.5 tablespoons of mixture on 1 wonton wrapper.
6. Top with a second wonton wrapper, sealing the edges with a bit of water. Crimp the edges with a fork all the way around.
7. Store all samosa pockets under saran wrap until ready to cook so they donâ€™t dry out!
8. Place on baking sheet lined with foil and sprayed, brushing egg wash on each side.
9. Spray samosas with cooking spray.
10. Bake 8-12 minutes, until browned and crisp!