per 1 serving size (Recipe makes 12 servings)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 88
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 9.77
Saturated Fat 2.23
Polyunsaturated Fat 2.32
Monounsaturated Fat 3.25
Total Carbohydrate 19.80
Dietary Fiber 3.91
Vitamin A 0.46%
Vitamin C 3.52%
* Nutritional Values are estimated and may vary
Healthy Food For Thought: (Breakfast) Over the last week, my oldest son has requested me to make a Banana Peanut Butter Bread for breakfast. After hearing his request over and over, I finally honoured my child :-) and prepared this delicious Coconut Peanut Butter & Banana Oat Quick Bread with Coconut Peanut Butter Glaze.
1.5 cups Oat Flour (170g)
56g, 1/2 cup (2 Scoops) Vanilla Protein Powder
2 tsp Baking Powder (Preferably Gluten & Aluminum Free)
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbs Stevia (Sweetener of Choice)
1 tsp Cinnamon Flax
1 cup Banana (Mashed)
128g, 1/2 cup Earth Balance Coconut Peanut Spread (or Nut Butter of Choice)
1 Whole Egg (50g)
50g Egg White
1 tbs Vanilla
1/4 cup (63g) No Sugar Added Apple Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray Loaf Pan and set aside.
2. Combine all Dry Ingredients in large bowl, set aside.
3. Combine all Wet Ingredient in bowl, set aside.
4. Make tunnel in center of Dry Ingredient. Slowly pour Wet Ingredients and combine gently. Do not over stir or beat.
5. Pour batter in Loaf Pan and smooth out.
6. Place in oven and bake for 60mins. At the 40-45 min mark, place small piece of tented foil over the bread (This will keep it from browning too much).
7. Remove from the oven, allow to cool in Loaf Pan for 5mins.
8. Remove from Loaf Pan and place on Wire Rack (or plate) to cool.
9. Allow to cool for 10-15 mins before cutting. Cut in to 10-12 thick slices, based on your preference. **See Additional Notes**
10. To store, tightly wrap in Seran Wrap and place in keep in refrigerator until ready to use.
Peanut Butter Glaze (to be poured over top once cooled):
2tbs Earth Balance Coconut Peanut Spread (or Nut Butter of Choice)
3tbs Unsweetened Almond Coconut Milk
Combined, Heat in microwave for 20-30 secs.
See Additional Notes: ABSOLUTE best results are after allowing to cool in refrigerator overnight. Slicing in the morning and toasting/heating in microwave. (Just a suggestion, but not necessary). Bread crust may be slightly harder to the touch, this is normal. After cooling and refrigerating, the crust will moisten yielding a perfect loaf. It is always better the new day :-)!'
Sign in via Twitter
Sign in via Google