per 1 serving size (Recipe makes 12 servings)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 48
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 5.34
Saturated Fat 2.89
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.59
Monounsaturated Fat 1.37
Total Carbohydrate 17.77
Dietary Fiber 2.25
Vitamin A 58.33%
Vitamin C 58.75%
* Nutritional Values are estimated and may vary
These are great for breakfast or for a snack at some point during the day, and they manage to be fairly low-carb and very low-fat per serving.
1. Preheat the oven to 400.
2. Combine the flour, Spiru-tein, baking powder, salt, and ground flaxseed
3. Melt the butter in a microwave, then let it cool, but not solidify.
4. Beat the egg in a separate bowl, and add the Splenda, milk, vanilla and mashed apple.
5. Prepare a muffin pan.
6. Pour a small amount of the butter into the egg mixture, and stir. Repeat until all the butter is added.
7. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry, and mix for no more than 10 seconds.
8. Spoon the mixture into the muffin pan, and bake for approximately 18 minutes. It may be wise to check on them at about 15 minutes.
Sign in via Twitter
Sign in via Google