per 1 serving size (Recipe makes 7 servings)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 5.58
Saturated Fat 0.61
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.21
Monounsaturated Fat 0.30
Total Carbohydrate 17.35
Dietary Fiber 3.31
Vitamin A 2.14%
Vitamin C 3.36%
* Nutritional Values are estimated and may vary
Use this recipe as base to create your favorite cupcakesâ€¦.healthy of course! Get creative and play around with add-ins, try substituting a portion of the Almond Coconut Milk with fruit, add your favorite toppings, etc. Enjoy!!
84g, 3/4 cup Barley Flour (I use Bob Red Mill)
28g, 1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder (I use Dymatize Elite XT) **Use a Protein w/ a blend of Casein & Whey**
56g, Â½ cup Almond Meal (I use Bod Red Mill)
5 tbs Stevia (or Sweetener of choice) *You can decide if you need less or more**
3/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 Whole Egg
50g Egg White (Equivalent to 1 whole egg)
63g, 1/4 cup Natural Unsweetened AppleSauce (No sugar add)
Â½ cup Unsweetened Coconut Almond Milk (Blue Diamond Brand-Preference) or Silk Almond Milk
(Cream Cheese Protein Frosting)
56g, Â¼ cup Greek Yogurt (Chobani is my favorite)
56g, Â¼ cup Fat Free Cream Cheese
14g, 2tbs Vanilla Protein Powder (I use Dymatize Elite XT)
Refrigerate until ready to use.
What you need:
Two Large Bowls or Mixer and Large Bowl
Whisk or Large Fork (Mixer)
Taste your batter before baking to determine if you need more sweetener.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray Muffin Pan/Cups and set aside.
2. Combine all Dry Ingredients in large bowl (or mixer bowl), set aside.
3. Combine all Wet Ingredient in bowl, set aside.
4. Make tunnel in center of Dry Ingredient. Slowly pour Wet Ingredients and combine gently or slowly add Wet Ingredients to mixer with Dry Ingredients. Do not over stir or beat.
5. Divide batter into amount of cupcakes you desire (6-8 works best).
6. Place in oven and bake for 19-21 mins (All ovens are not created equal).
7. Remove from the oven; allow to cool in Muffin Pan for 5 mins. Remove from Muffin Pan and place on Wire Rack (or plate) to cool.
8. Frost cupcakes as you desire.