per 1 serving size (Recipe makes 3 servings)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 23
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 2.58
Saturated Fat 0.80
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.45
Monounsaturated Fat 0.71
Total Carbohydrate 41.20
Dietary Fiber 5.48
Vitamin A 5.17%
Vitamin C 10.75%
* Nutritional Values are estimated and may vary
Drop the Bisquick and Aunt Jemima, throw on your big boy pants, and start making some grown-up pancakes. This delicious recipe for Blueberry-Zinnia-Banana Greek Yogurt Pancakes puts an all-natural, waistline-conscious, protein-packed twist on an old classic. 36 grams of clean, lean protein to fuel new muscle growth.
1. Add 3/4 cup (6 oz.) of plain 0% Greek yogurt and 1 egg to a bowl and whisk thoroughly until smooth, light, and fluffy; it should turn light yellow in color. In a second, separate bowl, mix 1/2 cup whole wheat flour and 1 TSP. baking soda.
2. Pour the yogurt & egg mixture into the flour & baking soda mixture. Mix thoroughly. At this point the batter should be very thick; don't worry, it converts into fluffiness later.
3. After mixing, add 1 sliced banana, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/2 TSP vanilla extract, 1/4 TSP almond extract, a few shakes of cinnamon, and a pinch of salt.
4. Mix all of the ingredients vigorously so that there is no visible flour, clumps, or cinnamon. The batter should be a rich, blue-grey color (slate, to be precise).
5. Coat a large griddle/frying pan with cooking spray (I like Spectrum's spray coconut oil) and place over medium heat. Spoon the batter onto the pan into 3-5 pancakes, depending on the size & number that you want. One full batch makes three large pancakes (shown on the right). Note: Leave enough room in between each pancake; they expand considerably.
6. Flip the pancakes once you begin to see little bubbles form (~ 5 minutes). Cook for an additional 3 minutes.
7. Plate. Top with additional banana slices, blueberries, walnuts, agave nectar, honey, real maple syrup, etc. Ã¢?? the combinations are endless. If itÃ¢??s a post-workout meal, a little bit of extra sugar (in the form of agave, honey, maple syrup) can kickstart the growth and recovery process; if this is a normal meal or snack, stick to whole fruit and nuts.
Sign in via Twitter
Sign in via Google