per 1 serving size (Recipe makes 1 servings)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 603
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 67.00
Saturated Fat 11.00
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.00
Monounsaturated Fat 0.00
Total Carbohydrate 70.00
Dietary Fiber 20.00
Vitamin A 0.00%
Vitamin C 0.00%
* Nutritional Values are estimated and may vary
You can experiment with the consistency by adding more chia seeds or more milk, but the general ratio is 4:1 (milk: chia). You can also substitute the cashew milk for almond milk. To save time, make a bigger batch and save it in the refrigerator for 4 days. For a sweeter pudding, stir in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon maple syrup.
1. Prepare the cashew milk: Combine 1 cup cashews,
2 cups water, a pinch of salt, and 1 tablespoon of natural sweetener of your choice (ex: raw honey or agave nectar).
2. Blend ingredients on high for about 90 seconds.
3. Strain the mixture through a nut-milk bag or a strainer. This recipe yields 2 cups of milk and will last in the fridge for 4 days.
4. Put the seeds in a bowl and stir in 1 cup of milk.
5. Whisk together with until the seeds are well incorporatedâ€”about 10 minutes. The pudding will get clumpy if you donâ€™t keep stirring. Youâ€™ll know itâ€™s ready when it sets and gets a pudding-like texture.
6. Add the toppings of your choiceâ€”chopped apples, pitted cherries, chopped pecans, currants, or raisins are all great options.