per 1 serving size (Recipe makes 8 servings)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 66
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 7.31
Saturated Fat 2.29
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.14
Monounsaturated Fat 2.30
Total Carbohydrate 11.10
Dietary Fiber 3.38
Vitamin A 47.85%
Vitamin C 26.96%
* Nutritional Values are estimated and may vary
cheesy, crunchy, herby, and full of FLAVOR! low cal, delish side for lunch and dinner. if you love squash casserole as much as i do, this is for YOU!
1. spray your casserole dish with no-stick cooking spray and pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. make breadcrumbs by combining listed ingredients (Sara Lee bread, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp onion powder, 1/8 cup light parmesan cheese) in your food processor and pulsing until you achieve a breadcrumb-like consistency.
3. in a large skillet over medium heat, saute the garlic, onion, zucchini, and squash together for 4-5 minutes or until translucent.
4. add spinach, garlic powder, onion powder, liquid aminos, parsley, and cracked black pepper to pan; mix.
5. cover pan and let cook down for 10 more minutes before shutting off the heat and pouring your squash mixture into your prepared casserole dish. set aside.
6. in a separate bowl, whisk eggs.
7. to the egg mixture, add 1/8 cup of parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup of breadcrumb mixture, 1/2 cup of cheese, and the 1/2 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
8. if your squash mixture has completely cooled by now, go ahead and add the egg mixture to it in the casserole dish and mix WELL. if itâ€™s still warm, temper the eggs by adding a little bit of squash mixture to the egg mixture (in that order, please!) at a time to prevent making scrambled eggs. the cold almond milk should help cool the squash mixture down faster too. once all combined, set aside.
9. add the last 1/2 cup of cheese to 1/4 cup of the breadcrumb mixture and sprinkle it on top of your casserole evenly.
10. bake for 40-45 minutes or until the casserole no longer jiggles when you shake the dish.
11. let it cool then dive in.
Sign in via Twitter
Sign in via Google