per 1 serving size (Recipe makes 8 servings)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 112
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 12.39
Saturated Fat 4.35
Polyunsaturated Fat 2.15
Monounsaturated Fat 4.63
Total Carbohydrate 14.23
Dietary Fiber 0.79
Vitamin A 3.33%
Vitamin C 0.57%
* Nutritional Values are estimated and may vary
Here's a super easy and healthier butter pecan ice cream. The best part is you don't need an ice cream maker!
2/3 cup pecans (I chopped half & left the other half whole)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg lighlty beaten
3/4 cups half-and-half cream
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
10 ice cubes
1. Cook all pecans (chopped/un-chopped) in 1 tbsp of butter in small pan over medium heat for 4 mins. Set aside.
*Be sure to keep the chopped/un-chopped pecans separate
2. Place the egg in a small bowl and lightlt beat it.
3. In the same saucepan you cooked the pecans in, pour in the brown sugar and half and half and thoroughly mix. Bring to a light boil over medium-high heat
4.Slowly stir in hot mixture in the egg bowl.
5. Return custard to saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally for about 3-5 mins or until mixture has a thicker texture.
*Be careful not to cook to hot, you dont want to make eggs!
6. Remove from heat and stir in cream, vanilla, and pecans.
7. In the same small bowl as earlier combine the hot mixture from the pan and the heavy cream, vanilla, and chopped pecans.
8. In a blender depending on size you can combine all 10 ice cubes and the mixture from the bowl. Or combine 5 ice cubes and half of the mixture, and blend til you get a smoothie consistency and due the same for the other half.
9. Pour mixture from smoothie back into small bowl, pour the un-chopped pecans in and mix well.
10. Freeze until ice cream reaches desired texture mixing every 15-30 mins.