per 1 serving size (Recipe makes 4 servings)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 345
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 38.38
Saturated Fat 15.24
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.22
Monounsaturated Fat 14.94
Total Carbohydrate 18.73
Dietary Fiber 3.25
Vitamin A 57.00%
Vitamin C 72.00%
* Nutritional Values are estimated and may vary
I altered this recipe from it's original state a bit to try and bring the calories down, it still turned out really well, however you might want to try using greek yogurt in place of the skim milk, if you want it more dry and not sloppy. Also, I made this recipe come to 4 servings, they are VERY large servings, which is why the calories/protein are so high, if you want to lower them, turn it into 6 servings instead of 4.
1. Brown the ground beef in a large skillet, drain as much fat as you can, add in chopped onion and salt/pepper to taste.
2. Microwave the cream cheese for 45 seconds in the microwave, transfer it to a mixing bowl then stir until it becomes creamy and smooth, add in the cheddar cheese, garlic powder and some salt/pepper to taste.
3. Grease a large casserole dish and put in the ground beef and broccoli as well as the cream sauce you've made, mix them all together and flatten it out evenly across the casserole dish
4. Bake in the oven at 350 for 40 minutes until it starts to brown on the top
Optional: Top with cheese for an extra cheesy flavor (don't forget to add the additional cheese to your calories!)
Note: The Philadelphia cream cheese is the whole 250g package, which works out to 32 tbsp (the only option in building the recipe)
Original: HAMBURGER-BROCCOLI ALFREDO CASSEROLE
2 pounds ground beef
1 small onion, diced, 2 1/2 ounces
10 ounces frozen broccoli florets
8 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper, to taste
In a large skillet, brown the hamburger and onion, seasoning with salt and pepper; drain the fat. Meanwhile, cook the broccoli until tender-crisp; drain very well and season with salt and pepper. Put the cream cheese in a microwaveable bowl and microwave on HIGH about 45 seconds until soft. Whisk until creamy and smooth. Gradually whisk in the cream until smooth, then stir in the parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Mix the hamburger and broccoli in a large, greased casserole, 2 1/2 quarts or larger. Pour in the cream sauce and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Bake at 350? for about 35-45 minutes, until bubbly and browned on top.
Makes 6-8 servings
Per 1/6 Recipe: 517 Calories; 40g Fat; 33g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs
Per 1/8 Recipe: 388 Calories; 30g Fat; 25g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs
The nutrition was calculated by someone else, so I can't speak to that. I also replaced the cream with milk, I hope this helps!