per 1 serving size (Recipe makes 9 servings)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 27
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 3.01
Saturated Fat 0.20
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.00
Monounsaturated Fat 0.00
Total Carbohydrate 16.60
Dietary Fiber 2.48
Vitamin A 1.08%
Vitamin C 3.58%
* Nutritional Values are estimated and may vary
High-protein, gluten-free corn bread with a kick!
2 cups canned corn (unsalted, drained)
8 large egg whites
Â½ cup natural vanilla rice protein powder
â…” cup natural vanilla whey protein powder
Â¼ cup almond meal
Â¾ cup cornmeal
1 teaspoon baking powder
Â¼ teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons chopped jalapeÃ±o pepper
1. Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
2. Line a 7" square (or similarly sized) baking pan with parchment paper (if not using a silicone pan).
3. Puree 1 cup of canned corn. Leave the other cup as whole kernels.
4. Mix pureed corn with egg whites.
5. Add dry ingredients (protein powders, almond meal, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt). Mix well.
6. Fold in remaining corn kernels and jalapeÃ±o pepper.
7. Pour batter into pan.
8. Bake at 325F (163C) for about 40 minutes, until firm to the touch and a toothpick comes out clean.
9. Let cool slightly, and cut into 9 squares.
10. Enjoy! Store in the fridge.