per 1 serving size (Recipe makes 1 servings)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 242
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 26.84
Saturated Fat 9.82
Polyunsaturated Fat 2.99
Monounsaturated Fat 10.13
Total Carbohydrate 23.20
Dietary Fiber 3.70
Vitamin A 9.00%
Vitamin C 3.00%
* Nutritional Values are estimated and may vary
Hey guys! One of the things people miss the most and assume they canâ€™t have when they are attempting to reach their fitness goals is definitely breakfast sweetsâ€¦.just like french toast! Lets face itâ€¦.eggs can get pretty boring after a while. This is by far one of my favorite breakfast dishes and YESâ€¦it actually does taste just like the starchy and sugary french toast you get anywhere else! The sugar-free syrup I use is great as well (doesnâ€™t have a nasty after-taste of the “sugar-free” products suffer from).
1. In a bowl beat 2 eggs
2. In the same bowl mix in the half and half, sweetener, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
3. Crush up the pork rinds either by hand or in a processor (I used the â€œMagic Bulletâ€). It is perfectly fine if there are still pieces/chunks of the pork rinds that have not been finely ground (it actually comes out better and adds a bit of a â€œcrunchâ€ to the french toast).
4. Add the crushed pork rinds to the liquid mixture in the bowl and let sit for about 3-5 minutes to allow the mixture to become a little soggy.
5. Coat skillet with butter and either non-stick cooking spray or olive/safflower oil and heat the stove top to a medium setting.
6. Add the mixture and cook like a pancake! (wait until the mixture starts to bubble and then flip).
7. Serve with sugar-free maple syrup and enjoy!
Sign in via Twitter
Sign in via Google