per 1 serving size (Recipe makes 1 servings)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 67
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 7.47
Saturated Fat 1.36
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.08
Monounsaturated Fat 3.92
Total Carbohydrate 13.93
Dietary Fiber 5.13
Vitamin A 5.30%
Vitamin C 25.00%
* Nutritional Values are estimated and may vary
This is phenomenal! You will literally feel like you are eating Mac & Cheese except with a 1/4 the calories!
Mac & Not Cheese
Recipe by: Amy Clevenger, www.fitfunandfantastic.com
- 1 Package Miracle Noodles or Shiritaki Noodles (can also use spaghetti squash spaghetti, or regular pasta)
- 1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese (TO MAKE VEGAN: Use soft tofu instead)
-1/8 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/8 tsp minced garlic
- 4 oz or 2 pieces of chopped kabocha squash (no skin)
- 1/8 cup raw cashews (or chopped chicken)
Make pasta according to instructions. Blend all the ingredients together in a food processor or blender â€“ except the cashews- and mix with the hot pasta. The sauce will get all melty and amazing! Then top with cashews or chicken.
NOTE: If you want this to completely non-dairy substitute soft tofu in place of cottage cheese
NOTE: There will most likely be extra sauce. I like to save it for another meal or you can make your pasta extra saucy!
NOTE: These are all approximations! I add more or less over everything to taste.