per 1 serving size (Recipe makes 2 servings)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 79
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 8.80
Saturated Fat 2.84
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.18
Monounsaturated Fat 3.75
Total Carbohydrate 26.95
Dietary Fiber 5.10
Vitamin A 19.50%
Vitamin C 199.50%
* Nutritional Values are estimated and may vary
This super easy and delicious side dish will get even the pickiest of eaters to eat their brussels sprouts!
1. Cook bacon in a skillet until crunchy and brown (not burnt though!). While its cooking, chop up your onion and garlic.
2. Remove bacon and pat dry. Crumble it up into little yummy pieces and set aside.
3. Drain any excess bacon fat so there is only a table spoon or two remaining in the bottom of your pan.
4. Add in your brussels spouts, chopped garlic, and chopped onion. Sprinkle with salt to taste, and cook until the brussels sprouts are tender and start to brown (but not to the point where they get mushy, ew).
5. Toss back in the bacon, and add the maple syrup. Mix it all up, and leave it over heat for another minute or two.
6. EAT! This is delicious both hot or cold.