per 1 serving size (Recipe makes 5 servings)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 15
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 1.69
Saturated Fat 0.03
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.00
Monounsaturated Fat 0.00
Total Carbohydrate 19.68
Dietary Fiber 3.80
Vitamin A 1.50%
Vitamin C 0.90%
* Nutritional Values are estimated and may vary
NEW & IMPROVED DONUTS!!! I made these as an After-School-Snack for my Kiddoes, but of course they can be enjoyed by ALL
Â½ cup, 56g Oat Flour + Â½ cup, 56g Barley Flour (Other Options: Use 1 full cup (112g) of Flour of choice or a combination of flours (1/2 cup of each)--I use Bob Red Mill Brand)
3tbs Stevia (Sweetener of choice) **If using ALL Greek Yogurt, you may need more sweetener--Taste your Batter**
1 tsp Baking Powder (Preferably Gluten & Aluminum Free)
Â¼ tsp Sea Salt
Â¼ tsp Nutmeg
Â½ tsp Cinnamon
2 tbs, 32g No Sugar Added (Unsweetened) Apple Sauce
1/2 cup, 113g Greek Yogurt /or Puree Banana/Pumpkin/Sweet Potato **You can use a combination of Greek Yogurt & Other Option, Ex: Â¼ cup, 57g of Greek Yogurt + Â¼ cup, 57g of Banana**
1 tsp Vanilla
50g Egg White or Egg of choice **50g is average size of Large Whole Egg**
What you need:
Whisk or Large Fork
Donut Baking Pan
Large Freezer Back/Scissors (Optional)
I list the amount of eggs by grams and actually weigh them on the scale, so the recipe is precise and turns out the same each time.
Use Large Freezer Bag, cut one corner and add batter to distribute evenly in donut pan without a mess.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine all Dry ingredients. Set aside.
3. Combine all Wet ingredients. Combine Dry ingredients with Wet ingredients.
4. Spray donut pan with cooking spray, evenly distribute mixture in pan for 5 Large or 6-8 Smaller Donuts (You can make them larger or smaller as you desire).
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes (All ovens are not created equal--I remove my donuts at 12 mins. and they were perfect).
6. Remove from oven; allow to cool on wire rack or plate.
7. Top with desired glaze, toppings.
Glaze used in calculating the nutrition:
Basic Glaze: 1tsp Vanilla (or other flavors) + 2tbs, 14g Protein Powder (I use Dymatize Elite XT) + 2tsp Stevia + 3 tbs Blue Diamond Almond Coconut Milk (Use less milk for thicker glaze)
Other Options (not calculated):
2. Cream Cheese Protein Glaze: 2tbs Fat Free Cream Cheese + 7g, 1tbs Vanilla Protein Powder (I use Dymatize Elite XT) + 1-2 tbs Blue Diamond Unsweetened Coconut Almond Milk + Sweetener, Optional
3. Peanut Butter Glaze: 2 tbs Nut Nutter of Choice + 3 tbs Blue Diamond Unsweetened Coconut Almond Milk (Heat in Microwave for 20-30secs, stir and allow to thicken).
4. Heat Jelly/Jam/Preserve in microwave for 10-15 secs