per 1 serving size (Recipe makes 8 servings)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 184
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 20.48
Saturated Fat 6.69
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.04
Monounsaturated Fat 0.10
Total Carbohydrate 17.69
Dietary Fiber 10.37
Vitamin A 0.31%
Vitamin C 0.63%
* Nutritional Values are estimated and may vary
Don't sabotage your diet for the day by starting your morning off with a fat cinnamon roll. These easy, delicious cinnamon rolls are way healthier than anything store bought or made from a can!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix together all of the dough ingredients (flours, psyllium husk, honey, apple cider vinegar, baking powder, salt, vanilla, egg whites) until you have a thick dough.
2. Add in 1/2 c. boiling water and mix thoroughly. Let the dough sit for a few minutes to thicken up.
3. Lay out a sheet of wax (or parchment) paper, and grease it with some coconut oil.
4. Spread out the dough on the greased paper until it is about a 1/2 inch thick.
5. Top the dough with the combined "filling" ingredients (honey, melted coconut oil, cinnamon) and spread it out evenly.
6. Roll the dough (with the help of the parchment paper) into a tight log.
7. Put the dough into the fridge or freezer to harden up for 30-60 minutes.
8. Once the dough is firm, remove from the cold and slice into 8 equal pieces.
9. Arrange the rolls in a cluster on a greased cookie sheet.
10. Bake for 50-60 minutes (rolls will be done once they turn golden brown).
11. While the rolls are baking, mix up your frosting with the remaining ingredients (the amount of milk depends how thick you like your frosting).
12. When the rolls are done, top with frosting and crushed pecans, if desired.
13. Eat up!
Sign in via Twitter
Sign in via Google