per 1 serving size (Recipe makes 5 servings)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 1.00
Saturated Fat 0.08
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.17
Monounsaturated Fat 0.05
Total Carbohydrate 21.35
Dietary Fiber 2.94
Vitamin A 1.70%
Vitamin C 1.85%
* Nutritional Values are estimated and may vary
Healthy Food For Thought: (Special Independence Day Recipe) Patriotic Protein Whoopie Pies. These beautiful, multicolor Whoopie Pies would make a great addition to your 4th of July festivities or any gathering! No need to be alarmed, I used Natural food coloring for the pies (the pic does no justice forthe beautiful Blue). The cream layer was prepared with Cottage Cheese and Vanilla Protein (yes you read that right) flavored with vanilla & stevia, and placed in the freezer to create a wonderful cream. Remember, this is simply a suggestion; you can replace the Cottage Cheese layer with frozen Bananas,Yoghurt, Lite Cool Whip, really anything you can think of. I added a sprinkleof shredded coconut, which is optional, but can also be replaced with anything you desire. Enjoy!! Be Healthy, Be Strong, Nourish your Body and Live Fit!!
28g,1 scoop Vanilla Protein ( I use Dymatize Elite XT-For best results use aprotein with a Casein & Whey Blend)
84g,Â¾ cup Barley Flour (I use Bob Red Mills â€“ You can try other flours as well)
1tbs Stevia (Sweetener of choice-If you decide not to use Protein powder, you may need additional sweetener)
1tsp Baking Powder (Preferably Gluten & Aluminum Free/Low Sodium)
1/8 tsp Sea Salt
Â¼ cup Unsweetened Blue Diamond Almond Coconut Milk (Can use Silk Vanilla Almond Milk)
32g,2tbs Natural Unsweetened Applesauce
50g,Egg White (Equivalent to One Whole Egg)
1tsp Vanilla (I use Simply Organic)
1/8â€“ Â¼ tsp Red & Blue Seelect 100% Natural Food Coloring (Purchased at Whole Foods)
170g,Â¾ cup Cottage Cheese (I used Fat Free, but this is optional)
14g,Â½ scoop-2tbs Vanilla Protein ( I use Dymatize Elite XT)
Â½ tsp Vanilla (I use Simply Organic)
Â½ tbs Stevia
What you need:
Whisk or Fork
Olive Oil/Cooking Spray
Whoopie Pie Pan/Muffin Pan orCookie Sheet
Other Add-In Options:
Nuts of choice
Add your favorite fruit
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all Dry ingredients. Setaside.
3. Combine all Wet ingredients. Combine Dry ingredients with Wet ingredients.
4. Divide mixture in two bowls. Add Natural Red Food Color to one bowl, addNatural Blue Food Color to the other bowl.
5. Spray pan, evenly distribute (5) spoonfuls of each mixture color.
6. Bake 8-10 mins, they cook fast.
7. Combine Cream Layer ingredients in processor, place in freezer untilready to use.
8. Remove Whoopie halves from oven, place on plate or wore rack to cool.
9. Evenly distribute Cream Layer on each Blue Whoopie half. Place Red Whoopie Pie Half on top of cream.