per 1 serving size (Recipe makes 2 servings)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 96
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 10.65
Saturated Fat 2.97
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.10
Monounsaturated Fat 3.87
Total Carbohydrate 20.62
Dietary Fiber 4.25
Vitamin A 0.00%
Vitamin C 2.00%
* Nutritional Values are estimated and may vary
Okay, so I know popcorn chicken is named that way not because it's made with popcorn but because it's in bite-sized little pieces like popcorn! . Buuuuuut these little popcorn chicken are ACTUALLY made with popcorn! I used Trader Joe's no guilt air popped popcorn. So good. . This meal is for 2 people. Or for your dinner and lunch the next day!
#Recipe - Popcorn Chicken ðŸ£
1. In a blender or food processor, pulse 4 cups air popped popcorn, 1 tbsp garlic powder, 1 tbsp black pepper, 1 tsp sea salt (or whatever seasonings you prefer!).
2. In a bowl, whisk 1 whole egg + 3 egg whites (or if you don't like eggs like my crazy roomate, let 2 tbsp flaxseed meal and 2 tbsp of water sit for a few minutes to use as the "egg" mix) and a dash of hot sauce.
3. Cut up 3 large chicken breast into tiny pieces, dip them in the egg mixture and then roll around in the popcorn mix.
4. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil and cook your popcorn chicken at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes and then broil for 10!
5. Find some good dipping sauces! I obviously went with Frank'sðŸ”¥. I know, I'm sooo predictable! .