per 1 serving size (Recipe makes 4 servings)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 0.31
Saturated Fat 0.00
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.00
Monounsaturated Fat 0.00
Total Carbohydrate 2.74
Dietary Fiber 1.75
Vitamin A 0.00%
Vitamin C 0.00%
* Nutritional Values are estimated and may vary
Soft, doughy, New York City style protein pretzels! Great with salt or spicy mustard!
4 large egg whites
3 tablespoons Sun Warrior Classic Protein, Natural flavor
1Â½ tablespoons whole psyllium husks
a pinch of sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
2. Mix all ingredients, and let the batter sit for 10 minutes to thicken up.
3. Pour the batter into a large ziplock bag (or piping bag), and twist the top to keep the batter in place. Cut off one corner of the ziplock bag.
4. Pipe the batter into a greased (with coconut oil or non-stick cooking spray) pretzel pan or onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
5. Bake for about 8 minutes, until firm.
6. Remove from baking pan, and sprinkle with coarse salt (optional).
A note about substitutions: because each type of protein powder has a distinct flavor and texture when baked, I would NOT try substituting different types of protein powders in this recipe. (Using pea protein powder would yield the same texture, but it wouldn't have the same pretzel taste.)
Sign in via Twitter
Sign in via Google