per 1 serving size (Recipe makes 4 servings)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 0.31
Saturated Fat 0.00
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.00
Monounsaturated Fat 0.00
Total Carbohydrate 2.74
Dietary Fiber 1.75
Vitamin A 0.00%
Vitamin C 0.00%
* Nutritional Values are estimated and may vary
Soft, doughy, New York City style protein pretzels! Great with salt or spicy mustard!
4 large egg whites
3 tablespoons Sun Warrior Classic Protein, Natural flavor
1Â½ tablespoons whole psyllium husks
a pinch of sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
2. Mix all ingredients, and let the batter sit for 10 minutes to thicken up.
3. Pour the batter into a large ziplock bag (or piping bag), and twist the top to keep the batter in place. Cut off one corner of the ziplock bag.
4. Pipe the batter into a greased (with coconut oil or non-stick cooking spray) pretzel pan or onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
5. Bake for about 8 minutes, until firm.
6. Remove from baking pan, and sprinkle with coarse salt (optional).
A note about substitutions: because each type of protein powder has a distinct flavor and texture when baked, I would NOT try substituting different types of protein powders in this recipe. (Using pea protein powder would yield the same texture, but it wouldn't have the same pretzel taste.)