per 1 serving size (Recipe makes 3 servings)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 82
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 9.14
Saturated Fat 4.24
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.45
Monounsaturated Fat 2.21
Total Carbohydrate 25.60
Dietary Fiber 3.05
Vitamin A 6.87%
Vitamin C 10.47%
* Nutritional Values are estimated and may vary
These cheese stuffed quinoa pizza bites are the perfect healthier, higher protein alternative to traditional pizza.
Quinoa pizza bites â€“ (gluten free, can be made dairy free and vegan by subbing Daiya dairy free cheese)
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup water
- sprinkle each of thyme, oregano, garlic, basil
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce of choice
- 1 egg of choice (I used a flax egg)
- 1/2 cup cheese of choice (I used medium cheddar and smoked provolone)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees and oil 6 muffin cups. Set aside.
2) Combine all ingredients in a small pot, except egg and cheese. Cook until all of the liquid is absorbed and your quinoa is cooked. Add your egg of choice and mix well.
3) Spoon a little of your mixture into each muffin cup â€“ just enough to cover the bottom of your muffin cups. Place your cheese in the middle of each muffin cup then cover with the rest of your quinoa mixture. Bake for ~25 minutes.
Sign in via Twitter
Sign in via Google