per 1 serving size (Recipe makes 1 servings)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 85
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 9.49
Saturated Fat 3.56
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.10
Monounsaturated Fat 1.73
Total Carbohydrate 20.02
Dietary Fiber 3.60
Vitamin A 0.00%
Vitamin C 0.00%
* Nutritional Values are estimated and may vary
I know you're smiling, go ahead and admit it...I know you remember those Choco-Tacos when you were a kid (if not google it!! Slim (Protein) Choco-Tacos.....These yummy tacos can have a bit of a protein punch from the Greek Yogurt and if you desire, added Whey (You can add as little or as much you like to accommodate your taste--this is optional. I add extra Whey when having them for Post Workout). The shell is a Sprouted Corn Tortilla (I shaped/baked it in the oven to make a hard shell), Ice Cream part is Frozen Greek Yogurt with Banana a Whey/Casein Blend, 10g of Lindt 85% Dark Chocolate and 1/2 tbs of Chopped Nuts for the topping. You should definitely give these tacos a try, healthy & fun and your kiddoes will love them too!!
1 (Small) Food 4 Life Sprouted Corn Tortilla
(Ice Cream Portion)
76g, 1/3 cup Chobani Greek Yogurt
7g, 1 tbs Protein Powder of Choice (I use Dymatize Elite XT Banana Nut) **See Note**
Freeze until ready to use.
10g, Lindt 85% Dark Chocolate
4g, Â½ tbs Chopped Peanuts
1. About 30mins before starting recipe, combine Greek Yogurt & Protein. Set aside in freezer.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
3. Remove Ice Cream Mixture from freezer, allow to soften enough for you to spread.
4. Dampen Paper Towel with Water. Loosely wrap Corn Tortilla with Paper Towel, microwave for 30 secs. (Multiple Corn Tortillas can be done during this step).
5. Remove Corn Tortilla from microwave, remove Paper Towel and lightly spray with Cooking Spray/Olive Oil.
6. Place Corn Tortilla directly on oven rack. Gently squeeze sides to shape. Bake 7-10 minutes (or until hard).
7. Remove Corn Tortillas from oven, set aside and allow to cool.
8. Stir Ice Cream Mixture and gently add to center of Shell, place back in the freezer (until ready to top, not less than 10mins).
9. Melt Lindt Dark Chocolate in microwave. Top Ice Cream Filled Corn Tortilla Shell with Chocolate, gently sprinkle with Chopped Nuts. Place back in freezer until ready to eat.
1. Add Sweetener or more Protein of choice to Greek Yogurt (Ice Cream Mixture) for added flavor.
2. Replace Greek Yogurt with other Yogurt/Ice Cream/Pudding of choice.
3. Donâ€™t be afraid of using the dark chocolate in this recipe. Remember the darker the chocolate (higher percentage of cocoa), the lesser amount of sugar will be added to your recipe. Try to use 70-90%.
Sign in via Twitter
Sign in via Google