per 1 serving size (Recipe makes 4 servings)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 197
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 21.91
Saturated Fat 5.90
Polyunsaturated Fat 3.36
Monounsaturated Fat 8.23
Total Carbohydrate 19.75
Dietary Fiber 3.55
Vitamin A 0.00%
Vitamin C 14.50%
* Nutritional Values are estimated and may vary
This paleo breakfast casserole is a great way to add some extra veggies into your diet!
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cut your small/medium spaghetti squash in half, scrape out the seeds, and place the two sides upside down on a plate.
3. Microwave for seven minutes. Let the squash chill out upside down for another 10 mins or so, just to let it continue to lightly steam.
4. Flip the halves over (now the cut side is up), and let it cool for a few minutes.
5. Once its cool enough to handle, scrape out the strands of spaghetti squash with a fork into a big bowl.
6. Mix in your cooked bacon and cooked breakfast sausage (I used a 1/4 bag of the "Bacon Bits and Ends" or whatever its called from Trader Joes, and 3/4 lb. bulk chicken breakfast sausage from Sprouts).
7. Mix in your maple syrup, and sprinkle in a little salt.
8. Stuff the mixture back into the squash halves.
9. Make a little dip in each of the halves, and gently crack your eggs, one into each half.
10. Place on a baking sheet, and bake for 20-30 minutes, or until eggs are done to your liking.