per 1 serving size (Recipe makes 8 servings)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 16.03
Saturated Fat 2.53
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.95
Monounsaturated Fat 7.98
Total Carbohydrate 43.40
Dietary Fiber 7.51
Vitamin A 78.69%
Vitamin C 35.63%
* Nutritional Values are estimated and may vary
This is a family favorite! Whole grain spaghetti with mixed veggies and a homemade peanut sauce.
- 7.5 ounce whole grain spaghetti
- 1/4 cup olive or canola oil
- diced garlic to taste
-1/2 cup green onions, diced
- 1/2 cup white and red onions, diced
-1/2 cup red and green bell peppers, diced
- 2 cups frozen vegetables (I used carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower)
-Splash of red wine vinegar (seriously, just a splash or two)
- 1/4 cup pure maple sypup
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 tbsp ginger
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
1) make your pasta according to the directions on the pasta. set aside once finished.
2) in a separate sauce pan (make sure itâ€™s fairly large), combine your onions (green, red, white) and garlic with olive oil and saute until your onions start to turn translucent. add your ginger and chili powder and mix well.
3) add in your frozen vegetables and peppers and cook until your frozen vegetables begin to soften (~5 minutes or so).
4) add the red wine vinegar, honey/maple syrup, and peanut butter. Mix well and simmer for about 2-3 minutes. Add in your pasta and mix well. Serve and enjoy :)
Sign in via Twitter
Sign in via Google