per 1 serving size (Recipe makes 2 servings)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 187
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 20.78
Saturated Fat 5.89
Polyunsaturated Fat 2.83
Monounsaturated Fat 10.60
Total Carbohydrate 6.95
Dietary Fiber 3.79
Vitamin A 94.75%
Vitamin C 33.25%
* Nutritional Values are estimated and may vary
Turkey burgers stacked with eggplant, chevre, tomato, avocado, caramelized onions, and spinach. You can use homemade or store bought burgers for this recipe. You can also replace the eggplant with large slices of zucchini or portobello mushrooms.
2 turkey burgers (frozen or homemade)
one medium sweet onion, sliced into rings
eggplant ~4" diameter, 4 slices 1/2-inch thick
2 ounces chevre, divided in half
2 tbsp olive oil, divided in half
2 cups spinach, washed and divided in half
tomato, 4 slices
1/2 avocado, sliced (about 8 slices)
1. Heat frying pan to medium and place onion rings in pan with 1 tbsp olive oil and cook until caramelized (they will become a brown colour and start smelling sweet). Remove from heat when done or keep on low (so they aren't cold).
2. Lightly coat eggplant slices with olive oil on both sides cook on grill until tender (works best on George Foreman/Griddler)
Set eggplant slices aside.
3. Grill turkey burgers until done (follow directions on box or recipe).
4. Place 1 cup of spinach on each plate
5. Stack ingredients in the following order on top of spinach: 1 eggplant slice, 1 turkey burger, 1 oz crumbled chevre, 1/2 onions, 4 slices avocado, 2 slices tomato, and the second eggplant slice on top.
Note: the caramelized onion really makes this taste great so make sure you do a good job with them. Some tasty additions would be walnuts and strawberries in the spinach.