per 1 serving size (Recipe makes 17 servings)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 82
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 9.14
Saturated Fat 0.76
Polyunsaturated Fat 2.60
Monounsaturated Fat 5.04
Total Carbohydrate 20.37
Dietary Fiber 2.97
Vitamin A 0.94%
Vitamin C 4.12%
* Nutritional Values are estimated and may vary
This cake is bananas! (Literally.. and the sauce too)
2 egg whites
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup splenda
1/3 cup canola oil
1 1/2 cups mashed very ripe bananas, (about 2.5) + 1 banana (middle/topping)
3/4 cup nonfat milk (w/ 1 tbsp lemon juice)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups organic unbleached whole-wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tbsp cinnamon
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 scoop vanilla whey protein
1 tbsp nonfat milk
2 tbsp honey
1. Preheat oven to 375Â°F. Coat two round cake pans with cooking spray
2. Whisk eggs, sugar, splenda & oil in a large bowl.
3. Stir in mashed bananas,milk/lemon juice mixture & 1 tsp vanilla.
4. Stir whole-wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt.
5. Pour batter equally into the 2 pans.
6. Bake for 20 to 25 mins. Let cool for 5 mins before removing from pans
Chocolate Sauce Directions:
In a blender mix all ingredients. Blend until you reach desired consistency adding extra milk if needed.
Putting it together:
Very finely slice 3/4 of the 1 extra banana and lay them on the 1st layer of the cake, then drizzle chocolate sauce over them until covered. Next place the top layer on top and slice the remaining 1/4 of the banana into slices placing them in the middle for decor. Drizzle remaining sauce and enjoy.