per 1 serving size (Recipe makes 1 servings)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 7.00
Saturated Fat 1.87
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.19
Monounsaturated Fat 2.31
Total Carbohydrate 71.64
Dietary Fiber 6.45
Vitamin A 12.00%
Vitamin C 15.00%
* Nutritional Values are estimated and may vary
Love hot, delicious, syrupy pancakes, but not the carbohydrates that ruin your hard work in the gym? Try these nutrient packed pancakes that are delicious and nutritious made with common kitchen items. Some items you will need: Food processor or mixer (I use a Hamilton Beach 10 cup food processor), measuring cup, non-stick pan or skillet, cooking spray, heat resistant spatula
1. Assemble food processor or mixer, if using a mixer use a safe mixing bowl (a hard rubber mixing bowl is best).
2. With measuring cup, measure exactly one-cup dry oats and pour into mixing bowl.
3. Crack both eggs and put whites and yolks into mixing bowl.
4. Peel whole banana and place into bowl. Cut banana into four sections for better mixing results if using a mixer.
5. Add 2 TBSP plain non-fat Greek yogurt into mixing container.
6. Add both one TBSP of cocoa powder and either baking powder or baking soda
7. Once all ingredients are placed in mixing bowl begin to process with food processor or mix with mixer.
-The consistency of pancake mix should be similar to traditional pancakes mix.
8. Spray pan or skillet with Pam cooking spray and heat over medium-heat on stovetop.
9. Pour pancake mix onto pan or skillet; serving should yield three medium sized pancakes. Proportionately place pancakes into pan (the larger the pancake, the harder to flip the pancake will be.)
10. For best results, allow pancakes to cook approximately a minute and a half on each side.
â€¢ Small bubbles should appear when pancake is ready to be flipped.
â€¢ Once pancake is ready to be flipped use heat-resistant spatula to flip pancake.
â€¢ Follow same procedure, and allow for pancake to cook approximately for a minute and a half.
11. Once pancakes are finished cooking place on plate and apply topping of choice
â€¢ Possible delicious toppings
o Fresh fruit (Bananas, peaches, strawberries)
o Sugar-free syrup
o Peanut-Butter, Almond butter, Cashew butter
Sign in via Twitter
Sign in via Google