per 1 serving size (Recipe makes 3 servings)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 66
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 7.31
Saturated Fat 0.84
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.62
Monounsaturated Fat 3.44
Total Carbohydrate 23.43
Dietary Fiber 3.80
Vitamin A 0.83%
Vitamin C 3.33%
* Nutritional Values are estimated and may vary
Love cinnamon rolls but don't want to go through all of the work of making them? These are mini cinnamon rolls that are made with healthier ingredients and take less than 10 minutes to make. Perfect for breakfast, as a snack, or for dessert.
Mini cinnamon rolls (makes 3 mini rolls) â€“ can be made dairy free and vegan if using dairy free milk and yogurt.
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour + almond meal (fill your 1/3 cup halfway with whole wheat flour then fill the rest with almond meal)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp oil of choice (I have also made these without oil â€“ by accident- and didnâ€™t notice much of a difference)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 spoonfuls baked sweet potato
3 spoonfuls date caramel (dates + water blended until smooth)
-1 spoonful plain greek yogurt
-splash almond milk
1) oil a medium sized ramekin and set aside. In a small bowl prepare your dough. Mix ingredients really well until your â€˜doughâ€™ is formed.
2) Roll your dough out with your hands and make a long flat rectangle. Spread your date caramel on top of your dough. Starting from the wider end of your rectangle, start rolling your dough like you would for regular cinnamon rolls. once it is rolled, cut your dough into 3 even pieces and place cut side up into your ramekin.
3) microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Meanwhile combine your ingredients to make your icing.
4) Once your mini rolls are done, let cool then drizzle your icing on top.