per 1 serving size (Recipe makes 4 servings)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 336
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 37.29
Saturated Fat 7.20
Polyunsaturated Fat 3.53
Monounsaturated Fat 23.65
Total Carbohydrate 13.54
Dietary Fiber 1.48
Vitamin A 1.88%
Vitamin C 47.54%
* Nutritional Values are estimated and may vary
Ripped Souvlaki Skewers are original and classic Greek preparation for pork and/or lamb. The meat is marinated in a olive oil, garlic, and lemon brew.
First, please make sure the garlic cloves have been minced, the and the black pepper ground. The boneless pork chops are suggested to be trimmed of fat and cut into 1 1/2 - 2-inch cubes depending on your preference (cooking time may vary).
1. Mix all the marinate ingredients together very well.
2. Remove approx. three to four tablespoons of the marinate and place them into a separate covered container in the fridge.
3. Take a gallon-sized zip lock bag and pour the rest of the marinate into it.
4. Add the pork cubes into the plastic marinate bag, seal and shake gently until the pork has been coated.
5. Refrigerate for approx 4 hours or longer (i.e. overnight)
6. Next it's cookin' time! Fire up the grill to medium heat, drain and discard the marinade from the bag and thread the pork cubes onto metal skewers (i.e. 4 of them)
7. Grill the skewers for four (4) minutes, then baste them with the marinate that we saved in the fridge
8. Turn the skewers and baste again and let them continue to sizzle and cook for an additional 4 minutes or until you see that the pork is cooked but slightly pink in the middle.
NOTE: Do not overcook the pork as it will become dry.