per 1 serving size (Recipe makes 2 servings)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 166
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 18.48
Saturated Fat 2.93
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.50
Monounsaturated Fat 1.58
Total Carbohydrate 38.74
Dietary Fiber 8.25
Vitamin A 11.88%
Vitamin C 167.38%
* Nutritional Values are estimated and may vary
This is amazingly delish, from now on, on my top 5!!!! Vegan friendly. Plant based, Viva La Spoon!!!!!
1/2 a head of cauliflower grated( medium size)
1/2 inch ginger grated (2-3 Tablespoons)
1 medium potato boiled and mashed well
1-2 green chili finely chopped
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon red chili powder/black pepper to taste(optional)
1-2 Tablespoons chickpea flour ( or wheat flour)
1-2 Tablespoons evoo
Red onion slices
(Basically you can play with anything you like, be creative!)
1. Grate the cauliflower and ginger.
2. Add chopped chili, cilantro, salt and spices and mix. At this point, you can not leave the mixture sitting for long.
3. Add the mashed potato and chickpea flour and mix well.
Make a fat ball by pressing the mixture together.
4. Place ball on parchment lined sheet. Start the oven for preheating at 350 degrees F.
Drizzle evoo on top of the ball.
5. Using your hand spread the oil, then start to press the ball onto the parchment.
The ball will crack, keep pressing it out until desired thickness. I kept mine to a bit thicker than 1/4 inch.
Seal the cracks by pressing the mixture inwards.
6. Bake in preheated 360 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until the center feels dry and not squishy to touch.
(Time depends on the thickness of the crust and moisture content in the cauliflower. sometimes the moisture content is very high, so the crust takes longer to cook and might easily break near the center.)
Spray water on the edges after 15 minutes and turn the sheet around.
Take the crust out and Top with red onion and cucumber slices, or any other toppings you would like!!