per 1 serving size (Recipe makes 27 servings)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 46
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 5.11
Saturated Fat 2.48
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.34
Monounsaturated Fat 0.57
Total Carbohydrate 8.33
Dietary Fiber 1.39
Vitamin A 0.05%
Vitamin C 0.00%
* Nutritional Values are estimated and may vary
The secret ingredient in these healthier truffles is chickpeas! They make for a smooth and creamy truffle filling when combined with peanut butter, PB2, almond milk and protein powder.
-18 squares Ghirardelli 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate (2 1/4 bars)
-1 1/2 scoops Cellucor Peanut Butter Marshmallow whey protein
-15 oz can low sodium garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
-1/4 cup Simply Jif peanut butter
-3 tbsp PB2 powdered peanut butter
-4 packets Truvia
-2-3 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1. Add garbanzo beans, peanut butter, Truvia and almond milk to a food process and process until smooth.
2. Combine garbanzo bean mixture, PB2 and protein powder in a large bowl. Set aside in freezer for at least 30 minutes.
3. Line a small baking pan with foil and roll mixture into small balls, less than 1" diameter. Place balls on pan and insert toothpick less than 1/4" into each ball. Place tray in freezer for at least 30 minutes.
4. Melt chocolate in a small pot over medium-low heat. Pour into a narrow glass cup suitable for dipping.
5. Remove truffle balls from the freezer one at a time and dip into the chocolate, removing excess chocolate with a spoon. Place onto a lined baking tray, twisting toothpick to remove and add sprinkles immediately. Repeat process with all truffle balls.
6. Store truffles in refrigerator until serving.