per 1 serving size (Recipe makes 4 servings)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 278
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 30.86
Saturated Fat 10.78
Polyunsaturated Fat 4.06
Monounsaturated Fat 9.16
Total Carbohydrate 45.25
Dietary Fiber 4.63
Vitamin A 39.25%
Vitamin C 197.75%
* Nutritional Values are estimated and may vary
This is a great dish to make for dinner and bring the rest to work for your lunch, it's got a great crunchy texture (cashews) and you can make it as spicy as you want.
1. In a large pot, add 6 cups of water and cook chicken for 10 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350F. In another pot, cook your brown rice and steam your broccoli using whatever method you would like.
3. Slice your red pepper and crush your cashews (or leave them whole if you prefer).
4. Once chicken is done (10 minutes), remove and place in a casserole dish. Layer on your cheese and add red pepper slices, crushed red peppers, and crushed cashews. Pop in the oven for 20 minutes.
5. After 20 minutes, take dish out of oven, plate rice with broccoli on top, then layer chicken mixture on top.
Add some Franks Red Hot Sauce for an extra kick!